Pages

Consummation

Cease with your accusations, mother -
hide your jealous tongue behind your lips.
You come to me with flowers still bright with the sun,
your voice crackling with arrogant pleas,
entreating him as the keeper of chains.
No ill-will binds me thus.
Wipe those tears from your eyes, mother -
Your grief earns you now only scorn.
See how my lover's eyes darken,
cast your gaze to our intertwined hands,
watch as I devour his cold lips with mine.
My fire blazes in his night.
No wine darkens these sanguine lips, mother -
the sweet stain of lust mars my skin.
The cries of the damned led you down
here with unfortunate souls who’ve no choice.
Comfort them on your way to the surface;
hellhounds will follow you out.
See her retreating, cruel lover?
Place your hands at my waist; steal my breath once again;
let me warm your bed as your soul chills my heart.
Remind me of when you first whispered to me,
your voice the soft silver shadows of trees.
Sing to me once more.
What care I for Spring in the arms of my lover?
I’ve a dark shadowed god for my paramour,
with lips sweeter and deadlier even than sin.
The lord of Death lays iron crowns at my feet.
Rise from your black throne, my master, and
claim me now as your wife.
Show me your kingdom, my lover,
lead me down through the fields of the dead.
Let us feast on forbidden fruit and wanton wine,
let the underworld hide us from sight.
As we fade into death, let winter rage above.
Murmur my name like a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a note!